Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:35:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        george vagner <kf7nn@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache & mod_php3 OT

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, george vagner wrote:

> when trying to run apache with the mod_php3
> module it bombs out with
>
> cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp3.so into
> server undefined symbol gdImageGif

I think the GIF writing code was removed from GD due to Unisys' license
restrictions.  If you don't need GD support in PHP, you can remove it from
the initial config dialog.

Looking at the PHP code, it looks like PHP3 with GD support is broken
unless you have LZW support in GD.  A workaround would be to do a make
configure on mod_php3, then edit work/php-3.0.18/config.h, and change:

#define HAVE_GD_GIF 1

#define HAVE_GD_GIF 0

Then do make install clean.  Seems PHP's configure script checks for GD,
but doesn't do an individual check for GdImageGif.

Joe