Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:30:12 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: A question on AppleLaser Writer 16/1600 PS [off-topic-ish]

Warren Block wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, paul beard wrote:
>

> The PDF manual for this printer is available on the Apple web site,
> although it requires some hunting around.  That manual says that
> it does
> lpr/lpd.  Unfortunately I couldn't find anything about clearing the
> TCP/IP password, either there or with a couple of Google searches.

I realize it does lpd/lpr: Apple has supported that for years. My
suggestion was directed at seeing if and how it advertised itself
on the network. Appletalk is useful, if annoying, in that devices
broadcast their presence regularly. If it did show up, the
Appletalk utility could perhaps be employed to fix the password/IP
address problems.

Google found some useful pages on this model:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=windows+apple+printer+utility&btnG=Google+Search

http://printserver.princeton.edu:8080/lw16600-caveats.html

some of this stuff may be useful as well.
http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/DOS-Windows/Printing/
--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

"Not Hercules could have knock'd out his brains, for he had none."
		-- Shakespeare