Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:21:56 -0500
From:      "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
To:        <trd@trd.root66.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Getting the course for a new kernel

You need to download and install the source using /stand/sysinstall while
you are root.  You have to install the source code then you can edit the
GENERIC kernel source and then recompile the kernel and put it in place.
The handbook got me going.   http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/index.html
 also try http://www.freebsddiary.org/search.html
one mroe link that will tellyou how to do it in a few lines....
http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd/.

Have a good day!

G. Jason Middleton

On 8 Mar 2001 trd@trd.root66.org wrote:

> My big brother installes freeBSD for me. Now i want to make my sound card work and my brother told me i should fist download e new kernel, but i dont know where to get it from and i find nothing in the documentation about it (yes i know, i am clueless). Can you help me out?
>
> Trd
> trd@root66.org

G. Jason Middleton

Announcement: