Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:19:14 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        Larry Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
Cc:        mschwartz@crosswinds.net, freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internal Modems

Laurence lametned,

> Sometimes on these dells you need to use /dev/cuaa4 (I don't know why,but
> I've seen it).  Dmesg would be helpful...

I'm assuming that these are the plug'n'play modems?  I'm going through
the same thing myself.  It's definitely not a winmodem--it came from a
mac--and it shows up as com5 under the darkside.

When I look at the hardware compatibility guides, though, they seem to
say that I'll need to make a enw kernel before it works with
appropriate device support.

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.       Smeal 178    (814) 375-4700
dochawk@psu.edu