Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 02:03:10 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu (Ho-Jeong Joe Park)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: configuration for custom kernel

On 27 Apr 2000 18:27:57 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just don't know what setting will optimize the performance.  I just uses a
>copy of GENERIC kernel with few very obvious modification.

Read the handbook section that deals with building a custom kernel.  Use
LINT as a reference to see what is what.  If you need further docs about
some driver or setting, check the man pages. For even more info, search the
archives (e.g. via www.dejanews.com/usenet.  Choose power search, enter
*freebsd* in the forms section, and then put the kernel option you want to
know more about as the search term).

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)