Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 96 20:12:16 EST
From:      ScottMorris <smorri59@icubed.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple disk install w/bootmanager

        I just got the message that Jordan was out of the office so I am
forwarding this to the questions list per the instructions in his vac. file.
Thanks for any assistance anyone can lend on this.
Scott Morris

>Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 20:06:57
>To: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
>From: ScottMorris <smorri59@icubed.net>
>Subject: Re: Multiple disk install w/bootmanager
>
>At 09:07 AM 11/11/96 -0800, you wrote:
>>>         I am attempting to load FreeBSD onto my second hard drive (wd1), DOS
>>> is the first drive (wd0). The partion builds fine and everything installs
>>
>>The partition editor will show you a disk selection screen.  Select
>>wd0 and don't change anything but select the boot manager installation
>>in the screen that follows after you say (Q)uit.
>
>        Fine to this point...everything works as expected and documented.
>
>>Then go on to wd1 and lay it out for FreeBSD.
>
>        When the partition is laid out for wd1 it throws me back to the
bootmanager screen and no matter what selection I make (I have tried every
combination) the boot manager is not installed onto c where it belongs.... I
am prepared to boot from the floppy if necessary, to get this up. Is there
another procedure I can use or is the infinate bootmanager loop a bug.
>        I appreciate your prompt reply to my previous message and look
forward to any input you can give me on this. The system being installed on
is a AT&T P-75, Phoenix BIOS V4.04, and the boot block is not write protected.

>>						Jordan

-----
Scott L. Morris			Systems Security Consultant
smorri59@icubed.net		Data Forensics
Finger smorri59@ally.ios.com for my pgp public key.