Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:44:18 +0300
From:      "Igor Sysoev" <igor@nitek.ru>
To:        "Joerg Wunsch" <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fatal bug in 2.2.5R's lpd

> > lj|LaserJet 4 with JetDirect:\
> >         :lp=:\
> >         :rm=lj:\
> >         :rq=raw:\
> >         :sd=/var/spool/output/lj504:\
> >         :sh:ct=30:\
>               ct#30
>
> It's a numerical entry, not a string-type one.

Thank you, it really helps for me because I need to low frozen
time in Windows 95 :). But I think CT cann't be set more than
75 seconds because in my 2.2.7 box connect always fails
after 75 second timeout even I CT doesn't set and is
120 seconds by default:

: time lpq -Plj
connection to lj is down
       74.54 real         0.00 user         0.00 sys
:

I think checking errno for ETIMEDOUT in getport() and going
to retry in this case may help.

I beg my pardon,
with best regards,
Igor Sysoev