Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:07:44 +0000
From:      BSD Baby <bsd@hitmedia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   suggested reinstall of KDE when original was from CD-Rom

In general I know how to reinstall an updated port, but what about
if I installed KDE from the original FreeBSD 4.7 CD-Rom install at
the same time as I was installing the OS?

In this case, does "make deinstall" work?  Or is there a better way?

I want to install the new KDE 3.1 from ports in its place.
Any advice appreciated.

(( SORRY to ask the list this!  If it were a little app, I would just
experiment, but man if my KDE gets hosed, that's messy...)

:-)