Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:06:38 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, "Ceri" <ceri@techsupport.co.uk>
Cc:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /etc/hosts file ?  FBSD doc suck

I don't think a "UNIX for dummies" approach would be practical.  UNIX is so
geek-oriented that it is virtually impossible to approach from an
administrative and operational standpoint without a fairly significant IT
background.  This being so, trying to document it in a way that would work
for, say, secretaries or doctors would be a Herculean task.

However, an approach that addresses users who are sophisticated in IT but
simply not familiar with UNIX is probably practical.