Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 00:38:09 -0400
From:      Bruce Ordway <Ordway@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Using FreeBSD

Hi,
I recently purchased a CDROM from Walnut Creek, FreeBSD 2.2.6.
I have a basic install completed but can't seem to do anything with
the system now. I boot it up, maybe display some files with the
ls command or start X with xinit. What I would really like is to get my
network
adapter configured & talk with the rest of my lan. I would also like to
launch a Netscape session. It would be really nice to get Apache
running. I can find all kinds of info for installing FreeBSD, but
nothing when it comes to setting up and launching applications.
Can you give me some pointers?
Thanks,
Bruce Ordway
Viking Engineering