Date:      13 Apr 00 21:16:13 PDT
From:      Chris Goz <cgoz@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make buildworld ok, but installworld crashed

I tried upgrading 3.1-Stable to 4.0-Stable from source. The buildworld
completed successfully but when I tried iinstallworld, it crashed with
signal
12 and error code 1. =

I replaced /bin on this drive (2) with /bin from another drive (1) with
3.4-RELEASE, and the system runs ok , but I cannot make buildworld with
3.4-STABLE sources because it dies with

Bad system call - core dumped
*** Error code 140

Also, top dies with "nlist failed".

What other directories or files do I have to replace for it to work? =

Or how do I repair or upgrade my 3.1-STABLE system on drive 2 with eg.
3.4-RELEASE that is on drive 1?
Or do I have to build the system from source on drive 1 and then do
installworld onto drive 2? Detailed instructions
on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris