Date:      Wed, 07 Nov 2001 09:13:09 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>, "Kenneth Wayne Culver" <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        "Forrest Aldrich" <forrie@forrie.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ADSL with Verizon

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 00:06:44 -0600, Jason Halbert wrote:

>I have never liked verizon.  I liked GTE.  When they fused into this group
>called Verizon (what kind of name is that?) it all went to hell.
>
>After going in circles with them for 30 days trying to just get an order
>placed I told Verizon to take a hike.  I rang up AT&T IP Services and they
>had a T1 out here in exactly 12 days.
>
>I have since dropped Verizon for POTS and use AT&T Digital Phone Service.
>
>My company has also dropped Verizon for ATM/VPN services and moved to AT&T
>IP Services.
>
>It really is nice being able to call someone directly and talk to them when
>you have a problem. :)

I will agree that verizon is slow-as-shit to get them moving on it -
but I had people tell me they have all kinds of problems with AT&T as
well.  and on another note, as of the end of December, AT&T might quit
have the digital-phone-over-ip.  they have until the end of december
for the corporate end to decide that..  this is at least in the
pittsburgh, pa area

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net