Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 1997 14:02:29 -0500
From:      Richard Linane <Typh0on@concentric.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2 Gamma Install Problem

I am attempting to install from a DOS Ver 7
2.5 GIG IDE primary master to a 1.2 GIG Primary slave IDE)
I select my keyboard type, set the source type for the distribution.
After entering the proper drive geometry I am able to partition the
drive and label using the automatic selection.
I select Boot Easy Because I intend to run the two Operating sys's on
the same system).
At this point it tells you there is no turning back.
I proceed and about half way through the installation of "bin" there is
an error and I quote...
"Write failure on transfer wrote -1 of 1024 bytes".
It doesn't seem to stop installing at he same time every time.
ie. 20 %- 75%- etc..
I am able to access BSD through the fixit disk however.
Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated
Rich Linane
Typh0on@concentric.net