Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 08:40:17 -0700
From:      Joseph Maxwell <jemaxwell@jaymax.com>
To:        Aaron@jaymax.com, Aaron@FreeBSD.ORG, "Burke\""@FreeBSD.ORG, <aburke@nullplusone.com>, "\""@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions-digest@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V5 #1337

Thanks for your reply Aaron,

Therein lies the problem, dmesg shows several pci0: entries followed by rather cryptic comments. Mainly, <unknown card> (vendor="a hexadecimal code", dev="another hexadecimal code") at 9|8|12 irq 11|5|11
There are others pcib0, pci1 but these have identifying vendors & dev
So I am not sure if the kernel is seeing the adapter, but it is definitely not seeing the drive. I was therefore trying to determine if I was dealing with a PCI adapter or a partition size problem.