Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:09:12 -0500
From:      Doug Van Allen <dvanallen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error and install stops for KDE

I just installed 5.3 and Xorg on a new box.  Went to install KDE, and
the install stopped.  This was the error:
[code]
Fetch:ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/fam/fam-2.6.9.tar.gz:
Service not available, closing control connection
>>Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>>Port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/fam and try again
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/fam.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/X11/kdelibs3.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/X11/kdebase3.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/X11/kdebase3.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/X11/kde3.
*** Error code 1
[/code]

I dont know what I should do.  Should I uninstall KDE, install fam,
and then try KDE again?