Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:09:42 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gtk_style_set_prop_experimental() not found (LighthouseBlue engine theme)

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am trying to compile LighthouseBlue ->
>>http://lighthouseblue.sourceforge.net , which I downloaded
>>lighthouseblue-0.6.2.tar.gz .. The error is in the bottom. However, if I
>>download for gtk2 only and it will success. The problem is relating with
>>gtk1, I tried to install /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk-engine, but still no
>>success. I thought, gtk-engine (for gtk1) would help. Is there anything
>>else I need to install to make it works? Because, it works flawless on
>>RedHat8 and other Linux distros.
>
>The configure script looks for -lgtk, which FreeBSD doesn't have or
>something for some reason. All you have to do is open up the configure
>script in your favourite editor, then go to line 7871 (or just search for
>"-lgtk" until you find it), and change this:
>LIBS="-lgtk $GTK_LIBS $LIBS"
>to this:
>LIBS="$GTK_LIBS $LIBS"
>
>Everything should compile and configure fine after this.  However, if you
>want to get the libraries and everything installed in the correct places,
>you should define the prefix as "/usr/X11R6" on the command line, like so:
>./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6
>
>THEN you may "make install" and induldge yourself in the pleasure that is
>this GTK theme.

Yes, I did the correct prefix if you look my previous email again. However,
thanks for answer/help. I did it the same thing after Joe gave the hint, so
I wrote email and sent at the same time while your email arrived. I guess, I
did it correct! :-) I can try to do the first time write a ports of
LighthouseBlue.

>>P.S. Have anyone install Bluecurve theme from the ports, yet? Because, it
>>doesn't look right in gtk2, but looks perfect in gtk1.
>
>I think you didn't install the libs in the right prefix.  Try configuring
>with "/usr/X11R6" as a prefix, then reinstalling and reloading the theme.

Well, I installed it by via the ports tree
(x11-toolkits/gtk-bluecurve-theme) with the "WITH_GTK2=yes", so I am going
to install Gimp to take the screenshots.

Cheers,
Mezz