Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:31:07 +0100
From:      "mouss" <usebsd@free.fr>
To:        "Ali Alaoui El Hassani" <961BE653994@stud.alakhawayn.ma>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Ip encapsulation

you'll certainly have to modify ip_output.c and/or ip_input.c (if you want
packets addressed to the host sent to other hosts). get yourself a copy of
TCP/IP illustrated, volume 2.
mainly, you need to take each mbuf corresponding to an ip packet and
prepend a new mbuf containing the outer ip header.

On the other hand, why do you need to encapsulate the packets?
you could simply redirect them with something like ipfilter.

regards,
mouss