Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:39:01 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        irc@FreeBSD.org, net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   an IRC server with PAM or PostgreSQL authentication?

Hi!

I run a "community" site and would like to add the standalone IRC server
to the mix. My idea is, that anyone can join the channels, but to get an
"op" one will have to authenticate.

The site currently uses a small PostgreSQL database to keep track of the
user profiles and e-mail addresses. The same DB is currently used for
HTTP authentication (mod_auth_pgsql).

Is there an IRC server that would support such a thing, or should I
write my own bot, that will grant "ops" to those, who ask for it with
the proper login/password?

Ideally, the server will support SSL as well. Thank you!

	-mi