Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 100 19:28:53 +0000
From:      mattb@mail.insync.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   KPPP

Hello,

This appears to be a simple  permissions problem yet I am not knowledgabe enough
as of yet to figure it out...

The problem:

I have set up ppp simply by inputting my providers dialup information in the
kppp dialup application.  I can establish a connection  only when i am logged in
as root.  I would like to be able to just log in as a normal user or let someone
else at the house establish a ppp connection without having to  login as root
and then su to their respective user accounts.  I am using device cuaa0.  Also
when i try to  use kppp while a regular user and fail to make a connection i see
an error that says  something about options  no such file or directory.  I do
not get this when i use ppp as root user.  As a non-root user i get as far as
having the modem dial and then it attempts to connect and then it just drops.
any clues?

Mattmail.insync.net