Date:      11 Nov 1996 00:03:53 +0900
From:      Takanori Saneto <sanewo@ba2.so-net.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange PS2 Mouse Behavior

In article <199611052202.PAA26779@rocky.mt.sri.com>,
	Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> writes:
>Ron Bolin writes:
>> After updating from around a 10-26-96 current to todays 11-5-96
>> I am having problems with my PS2 mouse. A times it reacts strange
>> when I move my cursor to another window too fast. It will charge to
>> the far right of the screen when I am moving it to the left. It was
>> working

I experienced strang PS2 mouse behavior, too. My kernel built on Nov 2
was OK but the one built on Nov 9 was showed this problem.

In addition to spourious motion of mouse pointer, I experienced
something wrong about buttons and keys. (window manager menus pop up,
random characters appear on my xterm, etc.)

>This problem showed up in the last 2 weeks, but I had other
>modifications on my system that I blamed it on.  I've since removed all
>of them and the problem persists.

When I use sys/i386/isa/syscons.c 1.182 instead of 1.183 (current),
problems above seem to disappear.
--
Takanori Saneto <sanewo@ba2.so-net.or.jp>