Date:              Wed, 25 Jan 1995 14:06:56
From:      SMMCGEE@ncbc.ncbc.mn.org (Sean McGee)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:        NFS questions

I'm setting up my 2.0 machine as an NFS server and have a few
questions.

1. /etc/inetd.conf points all pcnfsd requests to /usr/libexec/rpc-pcnfsd
    and I don't appear to have it.  Does someone know where I can pick
    it up???

2. After running 'mountd' it returns a:
     'can't open /var/db/mountdtab'
     Can someone explain this??

3. I'm using a pc based NFS client on my network. Is there anything
    special I will need to do to export, say, /usr ??
    ( maybe a copy of someone's /etc/exports would help)

BTW, this is my first NFS install.  <:-0

System:  FreeBSD 2.0
               486/66 8meg
               Adaptec 1542cf controller
               1 gig disk

Thanks for your help !!

SEAN MCGEE
SMMCGEE@ncbc.ncbc.mn.org
Minneapolis, MN
Any expressed opinions are strictly those of my present
or previous employers and not my own !! :-)