Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:50:59 +0100
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current has hosed the i8254 timecounter...

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> It seems that something recently toasted the quasi-magic i8254 timecounter
> code to the point of unusability.
>
> On my laptop I run a ntpdate every minute, and the result looks like this:

I'm seeing something similar with -current on this laptop here. Magically,
if I jiggle the mouse whilst playing an mp3, things start to skip and the
clock goes *way* off way (sometimes by a few seconds in a few seconds. :)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Programming is like sex:
<adrian@freebsd.org>		   One mistake and you have to support for