Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 07:25:13 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot@free.fr>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
Cc:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: diskless boot of a PXE-compatible machine : finally done !

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> in your rc.conf or rc.conf.local, you should set
>
>         early_nfs_mounts="YES"

Well : (I don't find this knob in a recent -Stable machine - it is
indeed in the examples)
multi# cd /etc
multi# grep early rc*
rc:# BOOTP diskless boot.  We have to run the rc file early in order to
rc:# Set sysctl variables as early as we can
rc.network:     # Establish ipfilter ruleset as early as possible (best
in
rc.network6:    # Choose IPv6 default interface if it is not clearly
specified.
multi# uname -a
FreeBSD multi.XXX.YYY 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #0: Mon Jan  1
14:05:12 CET 2001
root@multi.XXX.YYY:/files3/recup4/obj/files3/recup4/src/sys/multi  i386
multi#

this exists on a 3.5-Stable machine : (in /etc/rc)
if [ "X$early_nfs_mounts" != "XYES" ]; then
        mount -a -t nonfs
else
        mount -a
fi

early_nfs_mounts was removed with revision 1.209 of rc
(<http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc?rev=1.209&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>)

	TfH