Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 12:06:45 +0000
From:      David Banning <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
To:        User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        David Banning <david@banning.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail - masquerading user name

OK Here it is.

What the relay is I do not know.
Now you have my interest perked. Let me know what the problem is when you've got it.

bash-2.03$ mail -v david@banning.com
Subject: test
test message
EOT

david@banning.com... Connecting to smtp.mail.yahoo.com via relay...
220 smtp014.mail.yahoo.com ESMTP
>>> EHLO d.tracker
250-smtp014.mail.yahoo.com
250-PIPELINING
250 8BITMIME
>>> MAIL From:<sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
250 ok
>>> RCPT To:<david@banning.com>
250 ok
>>> DATA
354 go ahead
>>> .
250 ok 989510681 qp 88007
david@banning.com... Sent (ok 989510681 qp 88007)
Closing connection to smtp.mail.yahoo.com
>>> QUIT
221 smtp014.mail.yahoo.com
bash-2.03$

--
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was.