Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:18:34 -0700
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM panic

"Kenneth D. Merry" writes:
    What kind of drives do you have?  And what firmware revision? (dmesg
    output from an old kernel will probably do) On second thought, go
    ahead and send the full dmesg output from an old kernel if you can.

I have never had this card work under FreeBSD.  I bought it a week ago
because of troubles I was having with my aic0 card hanging during some
tape reads (tape it had been used to write -- go figure).

    What does your bus topology look like?  Is it terminated?

"It shouldn't matter".  There, got that out of the way.  Anyhow, here is
what I have, produced by dmesg where possible:

sd1: <iomega jaz 1GB H.62> type 0 removable SCSI 2
(auto-terminating)
		^

ahc0: Adaptec 2940 rev 0x1
aic7880 single channel
(BIOS v1.32, it says at startup; auto-terminating)
		^

sd0: <SEAGATE ST11910N 8044> type 0 fixed SCSI 2
		^

cd0: <SONY CD-ROM CDU-76S 1.1c> type 5 removable SCSI 2
		^

st0: <ARCHIVE Python 28388-XXX 4AFA> type 1 removable SCSI 2
(manually terminated)