Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:34:54 -0800
From:      "Max Mouse" <maxmouse@maxmouse.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   natd

Hello!

I'm currently running FreeBSD 4.4 on a machine that I want to use to route
packets to my other machines. So, I have my internet connection (ether)
running into my FreeBSD 4.4 machine, another cat5 running from that machine
into my hub and several other computers also connected to the hub. I am
trying to use natd in order to divert the packets around my LAN but I have
yet to have any success with this. From the LAN, I can ping the other
machines with no problems. When I try to use a machine from behind the box
connected to the internet, it looks like the packets are just being dropped,
but I am not sure. I have read all the man pages on natd and I have followed
all the directions completely but I am still not having any success. Any
ideas why? Please CC: any and all responses to me, as I am not yet
subscribed to the list. I appreciate any help you can give me!

Max