Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:25:11 +1030
From:      Matthew Thyer <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Creating a CVSup server etc

I'm behind a firewall that only allows mail, HTTP and FTP.

I'm running -CURRENT so I get ctm-src-cur via email... not a
problem.

However I now have some machines that I want to maintain at
-STABLE along with a couple of -CURRENT machines.

So I'd like to set up a CVSup server within the firewall.

What I have done is:

- subscribed to ctm-cvs-cur fine (I'm getting the deltas).
- populated my CVS tree at /home/ncvs from the deltas

Now I need to know how I can checkout -CURRENT or -STABLE from
this tree.

What I think I know:

- I think I dont need a CVSup server if I want to populate /usr/src
    on the machine that has the CVS tree.

What I have tried:

setenv CVSROOT /home/ncvs
cd /usr/src     # /usr/src contains -CURRENT tree from ctm-src-cur
                #     delta src-cur.4200xEmpty.gz
make update

This last command does nothing!

Can someone tell me:

- How to checkout a -CURRENT or -STABLE tree from my CVS repositry

Eventually I want to do the above for other machines so I imagine
I will have to run a CVSup server.

I have built and installed the CVSup server but I'm not sure what
I should make it serve ?

Should it serve /home/ncvs ??

Or do I have to checkout -CURRENT and -STABLE on the server and
serve them up somehow.

I dont know anything about CVS!

--
 Matthew Thyer                                 Phone:  +61 8 8259 7249
 Corporate Information Systems                 Fax:    +61 8 8259 5537