Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:17:57 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Dimitri T." <midios4@hotmail.com>
Cc:        adepali@yahoo.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for greek

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 08:07:54AM +0000, Dimitri T. wrote:
> hi,
>
> Some months ago I installed some greek fonts from the linux project
> 'graphis' and indeed I was at last able of reading in greek under X.
>
> I still can't figure out though how to _write_ in greek!? :^(
> (am I missing the obvious?)

Oh, it's easy.

Just grab ftp://gray.westgate.gr/pub/greek/GRkbd-1.3.2.tar.gz and
install it somewhere under /usr/local/bin/grkbd first.  Then in your
~/.xinitrc add the following:

	grkbd -nowin &

> And Giorgo, please send me that lucida typewr. if you don't mind..

The font can be found in a local copy I have at
ftp://gray.westgate.gr/pub/greek/lucida-gr.tar.gz

Mind you, I don't remember where I found the 12 pt version, so if 12
points are not exactly what you would be happy with, I'm afraid I can't
help :-/

Unzip this archive under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts and add the path to
your FontPath statements in XF86Config.

To have xterms fire up with lucida-typewriter-greek as their font, you
need to merge the following resources with your ~/.Xresources file:

    XTerm*font: -greek-lucidatypewriter-medium-r-normal-sans-12-120-75-75-m-70-iso8859-7

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
For my public pgp2 key: finger -l keramida@diogenis.ceid.upatras.gr