Date:      20 Mar 2002 19:17:39 -0700
From:      Alex Rodioukov <simuran@shaw.ca>
To:        Jeff Jeter <gsfgf@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux binaries won't run

Jeff Jeter <gsfgf@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am having trouble running some linux binaries.  Some (netscape) run
> fine, others(staroffice 6 setup; open office bin setup) do nothing @
> all when i dblclik on them in Konquerer and say command not found if i
> try to run them in a terminal.  How do i run these binaries?  Please
> Help.

You might want to look inside these "binaries". They might be not
binaries at all, being shell scripts. If it is the case, then their
linux origin will make me highly suspicous of them having
"#!/bin/bash" as the first line. Change it to "#!/usr/local/bin/bash"
(if you have bash port installed) or to "#!/bin/sh".

Regards,
  Alex.