Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:27:37 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Jim Graham' <jim@n5ial.gnt.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Videocard query

Ah, yes.  I also have a Rage 128-based card, which at the time I bought it
wouldn't work at
all with XFree  (looked great for Q2 under Win95 - better than my Voodoo2!).
As a
consequence, I got the Xpert 98 card and the Rage 128 sits in a stat bag in
my filing
cabinet!

A quick glance at www.xfree86.org reveals that full support can be achieved,
using the SVGA
server, with the r128 driver under 3.3.6.  Check out the particular page at
http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/Status6.html#6.  4.* supports it too, using the
same r128
driver.

HTH (I certainly didn't know - now I can get my ATI Rage 128 working
again...  cool)

Dan