Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 19:17:42 +0200
From:      "Boyan Nedkov" <bnedkov@home.nl>
To:        "'Ethan Akins'" <ethanakins@hotmail.com>, <jud@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@epcdirect.co.uk>, <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, "FreeBSD Questions Lists" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Kernel / RAID PDC20276 ( Group Effort )

Hey guys,

I just tested the new floppies and I'm happy to inform you that this
time the RAID controller was found successfully and the installation
started without any problems. The only problem came after that - I have
the installation cd(s) for FBSD 4.5 RELEASE that doesn't fit to the
version provided with the new floppies (4.6 RC 20020530 JPSNAP). I'm
gona download the installation for ver 4.6 and will continue with the
tests.

Thanks for your efforts :-)

Boyan

ATEST/flop
>pies/
>
>Lawrence Farr
>EPC Direct Limited
>
>_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>
>You've tried the latest boot floppies and they
>didn't work, I assume.
>
>If someone can figure out the particular files
>that might be needed, I'd be happy to provide
>them.  You have to be selective, though - I'm
>on a dialup connection limited to 28.8K by
>rural phone lines.
>
>(For those who haven't been following from the
>beginning, I'm successfully running a RAID-0 array
>using -STABLE with the PDC20276 onboard an ASUS
>A7V333.)
>
>Jud

>_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I just ftp'd kern.flp and mfsroot.flp onto some new floppies via the
link
listed above as I accidentally created the Release version instead of
stable
for the previous tests.

I will try and run them as soon as I get home later today.

Note: These files must be downloaded in 'binary' mode for them to work
correctly!

I'll keep ya posted!

Ethan