Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:58:42 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make depend fails releng_6

On Thursday 22 December 2005 12:33, Bj=F6rn K=F6nig wrote:
> JoaoBR schrieb:
> > [...]
> > "Makefile", line 4: "ACPI can only be compiled into the kernel on the
> > amd64 and ia64 platforms"
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > [...]
> > MODULES_OVERRIDE=3Dacpi splash bridge if_bridge
> > [...]
>
> The error message wants to tell you that you can't create an ACPI
> module. It have to be compiled into the kernel.

I see but still funny because I understood here that the "acpi can only be=
=20
compiled into the kernel on amd64 and ia64 platforms" as if I had another=20
platform, this messages says nothing about a module

probably something like=20

"you can not compile acpi as module on amd64" would be a clear statement.

thank's, Jo=E3o