Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:39:35 +0300
From:      DJ Art <djart@linux.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The >1023 cyl. problem

Hello.

I need to install FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE on a hard drive (20 GB) beyond the
1024th cylinder (actually, I need to make the slice at cylinders
2222-2482)

I know that FreeBSD cannot boot from there, I have gone through the
archives and the mails saying "You cannot boot ... etc etc".

I want to ask 2 things:

1) Is there any workaround for this ???

2) I've gone through the Release Notes of 4.1-RELEASE and they say that
this problem is solved. So, if I install a version >= 4.1-RELEASE I will
not have any problems, right ??? If that's right, can I download
specially something (rather small in size) from the 4.1 or even the
current branch  and "fix" the 4.0-RELEASE version ??

PS: I prefer using LiLO, but I don't care if I will have to use
BootEasy.

--
DJ Art (aka Kyritsis Athanasios) <djart@hellug.gr>
Studying Electrical & Computer Engineering @ UPatras