Date:      12 Dec 2001 13:04:41 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.rit.edu>
Cc:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, Ceri <ceri@techsupport.co.uk>, FBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /etc/hosts file ?  FBSD doc suck

Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.rit.edu> writes:

> I echo that sentiment now: Tell us what's wrong with the docs. The place
> for such suggestions is the freebsd-doc mailing list, or if you have a
> simple, specific problem, send a problem report.

I think freebsd-questions is often a better place to discuss what's
wrong with documentation and whether a proposed change makes sense.
Freebsd-doc seems to have many fewer readers and many of those would
prefer to do the grunt work of documentation than to hash over the
details of a proposed change or discuss the reasons for a poorly
expressed rant about some poor documentation.  Not so here.

Of course, one must finally get proposed changes into a PR or onto
freebsd-doc for a Committer to aprove and commit them.