Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:59:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Eric Nilson <nilsone@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewall/ Routing

Dear Mailing list members:

Here is an interesting problem that I have been trying
to figure out with very little success...

I am attempting to set up a FreeBSD server as a
gateway/ firewall to two independent ISPs for a
192.168.x.x internal network.  Here is some of the
criteria:

1.	Internal network will use ISP1 as primary route to
Internet
2.	in the event ISP1 fails, ISP2 will be used by
internal network
3.	In the event ISP1 revives, internal network will
use ISP1 again
4.	Servers on the internal network need to be able to
respond to traffic from both ISP1 and ISP2

(sorry for the ASCII art)

           ISP1                ISP2
             \                 /
               \              /