Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:44:17 -0600
From:      Jason Sheets <jsheets@shadonet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netscape plugins with konqueror 2.1.1

Hello, I'm trying to get netscape plugins working with konqueror 2.1.1

I am running FreeBSD 4.3-RC #6: Wed Apr 11 and this is my configuration,
everything was installed from the ports collection.

XFree86 4.03
KDE 2.1.1

Linux Netscape 6.01
Linux Netscape Navigator 4.77

linux-flashplugin 5.0r47
flashplugin 0.4.3

lesstif 0.91.8

I installed lesstif 91.8 from /usr/ports/x11-toolkits and then compiled kde
2.1.1 from ports.  When I launch the Control Center and navigate to Web
Browsing I can see the Netscape Plugins button however under the plugins tab
it only says Netscape Plugins.

I have both the flashplugin and the linux-flashplugin installed in my
~/.netscape/plugins.

When I run nspluginscan I receive this output:

nspluginscan: Creating MIME cache file
/home/sw/.kde/share/apps/nsplugins/cache
nspluginscan: Scanning directories
nspluginscan: -> scanDirectory dir=/home/sw/.netscape/plugins
nspluginscan: Checking library
/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so
nspluginscan:  - opening/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING:
library=/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so:
file=/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so:
/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so: Undefined symbol "stderr"
nspluginscan:  - open failed, skipping
nspluginscan: Checking library /home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libswf.so
nspluginscan:  - opening/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libswf.so
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libswf.so:
file=/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libswf.so:
/home/sw/.netscape/plugins/libswf.so: invalid file format

These plugins work with both Linux Netscape 6.01 and Linux Netscape Navigator
4.77.

I have looked in the mailing list archives as well as the konqueror website
but have been unable to get this working.

Any insight or suggestions into getting this working is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

- --
It is not enough to succeed.  Others must fail.
		-- Gore Vidal