Date:      Fri, 05 Feb 1999 21:04:13 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        shawn@cpl.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet card question

I believe that it's based on a DEC 21143 which isn't completely
working for many operating systems.

It has material differences from the 21140 chip.  Compaq/DEC
*should* have changed the version number as much since it is
causing quite a bit of confusion among developers and users
alike.

Better Luck,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net