Date:      Sun, 08 Apr 2001 20:37:30 -0400
From:      "Vincent Foley" <wmhardrock@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Canadian keyboard problem

Hi.  I'm from Quebec, so naturally I'd like to use a french canadian
keyboard.  So using kbdmap, I select fr_CA.iso.acc.kbd.  The mapping is all
right, but when I type accented characters (é è à ô, etc) I get greek
symbols (teta, alpha, omega, etc) instead of the appropriate characters.  I
searched the mailing lists archives, but I couldn't find anything.  The FAQ
doesn't mention anything about the keyboard either.  So I'd like to know if
someone could help me out.

I also have another question, which man should I read to learn how to make
Left-Shift acts as a meta key?  RTFM is fine to me, but tell me which FM I
must R.

Thank you very much,
			Vincent