Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 03:43:02 +0000
From:      Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error in libcompat (2.2.7)

John Polstra wrote:

> In article <Pine.NEB.3.96.980826235640.21704A-100000@myname.my.domain>,
> Donn Miller  <dmm125@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> > Could someone running the stock 2.2.7 check out /usr/src/lib/libcompat?
> >
> > If you cd /usr/src/lib/libcompat, and make, see if SysV gets made, which
> > includes ftok.c.  e.g. do make |& tee make.log and then grep ftok make.log
>
> In 2.2.7, the SysV subdirectory of libcompat doesn't even exist.  I
> eliminated it in revision 1.1.6.1 of ftok.c.  At the same time, I
> moved that file into libc.  If you still have a SysV directory, then
> you probably forgot the "-P" flag when doing a cvs update.

Unfortunately, when I ungraded from 2.2.6, I should have removed my
/usr/src tree and reinstalled.  I'll have to do this and reinstall my
source.  So, libcompat didn't have this function (ftok) and neither did
my libc, since the upgrade refuses to touch libc.  So I didn't have any
ftok() in any library.  This is my mistake.

Donn