Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:59:34 +0200
From:      Petter Andre Haugseth <Petter@pcsupport.no>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with FreeBSD 4.1 Stable

Hi.

I hope someone please can help me with some trouble I had one day trying to
install FreeBSD 4.1 STABLE on my 486 DX4 100 MHz.

The machine has 32 MB RAM and a !.6 GB HDD. After I have conf. the kernel
and got rid of all the conflicts, I get this error right after quitting and
saving the configuration:

md0: Preloaded image </mfsroot> 2949120 bytes at 0xc036cd98
md1: Malloc disk
npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
pcib0: <Host to PCI bridge> on motherboard
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
pci0: <Cirrus Logic GD5434 SVGA controller> at 15.0 irq 11
isab0: <UMC UM8886 ISA Bridge with EIDE> at device 18.0 on pci0
isa0: <ISA bus> on isab0

After this point my PC locks up.
I have tried to get another CD-drive, I have replaced my ISA SB16 Soundcard,
I have even removed an old parallell adapter PCI. I have a Cirrus Logic
graphicsadapter... could this be the source to my problems...?

I hope i get an answer on my question.

Happy FreeBSD'ing .-.-.-..

Best Regards
Petter Andre Haugseth