Date:      15 Jan 2003 00:54:34 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gtk_style_set_prop_experimental() not found (LighthouseBlueengine theme)

--=-/vC7nF6R5wiiucJUUXud

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 23:56, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> > > P.S. Have anyone install Bluecurve theme from the ports, yet? Because=
,=20
> >it
> > > doesn't look right in gtk2, but looks perfect in gtk1. Ex: The colour=
s=20
> >don't
> > > look correct such as should be blue, but it is white and etc.
> >
> >I'm using Bluecurve on my GNOME 2 machine at home and on my GNOME 1
> >laptop.  It looks great on both.
>=20
> Ok, I will need to install Gimp, so I can show you the screenshots of men=
u=20
> and etc for both gtk1 and gtk2. Gimp 1.3.11 will not let me to take the=20
> screenshot, it said, "xwd: error: Can't open output file as specified." E=
ven=20
> thought I tried in the user, root and removed ~/.gimp*.. I will install t=
he=20
> stable version tonight.
>=20
> > > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> > > Download LighthouseBlue:
> > >=20
> >http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/lighthouseblue/lighthouseblue-0.6.2.t=
ar.gz
> > > <snip>
> >
> >I played with this port.  You have to patch configure to remove the
> >explicit link to -lgtk.  After that, it will build just fine.
>=20
> Amazing, it works! Thanks! Here's what I did..
>=20
> Change from (at around 7871 line in configure)...
>=20
> LIBS=3D"-lgtk $GTK_LIBS $LIBS"
>=20
> to...
>=20
> LIBS=3D"$GTK_LIBS $LIBS"
>=20
> Hope, I am doing it correct.

That's correct.

>=20
> If it's correct, then maybe I can try to write a first LighthouseBlue por=
ts.=20

Be careful with this one.  It installs both GTK and GTK2 themes by
default.  This is fine if you assume users will have both GTK and GTK2.=20
Unfortunately, there is no configure directive to disable one or the
other.  Another option would be port both the GTK and GTK2 versions
(instead of the unified version) so users can choose.

Joe

> :-)
>=20
> Cheers,