Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 05:59:10 +0000
From:      "Trevor Osatchuk" <fybar@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   more: vpn from behind firewall

It has been suggested that my description was vague, so I hope this will
clarify.

______       _________                ________
|my    |     | firewall|              |my home |
|laptop|-----| on ski  |------WWW-----|firewall|--- Home Network
|______|     |__hill___|              |________|

I am on vacation and am attempting to send and recieve email.  Now, I can
get my email, but am having trouble sending.  I want to put my laptop onto
my lan via vpn so that I can send eamil from my home account.  Also, I want
to have access to my computers behind the firewall.  I have been given a
192.168.1.x ip, so I am behind a nat or proxy, not sure.  Is there a way
that I can set up a vpn from where I am?  Or, can I use my firewall as a
proxy?  Can I set up a ssh tunnel to my firewall and then foward that port
on my firewall to the appropriate mail/news servers?

Thanks,

fybar