Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 08:58:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thabet Birro <tbirro@bb.iu.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   atapi.flp (where is it?)

Hello all,

I have recently attempted to install 2.1.6 (Walnut Creek) using
the CD-ROM version, to no avail.  I have an atapi cd.  The Docs
indicates the need for an atapi.flp instead of the boot.flp (at
least for 2.1.5, which is the version discussed in the hard
copy docs I am referring to).

The install doc for 2.1.6 doesn't say anything about atapi.flp,
however.  But it does mention an early support for atapi devices
named wcd.  Well, the device is not there when I generate the
boot floppy (using boot.flp of 2.1.6) and there is no atapi.flp
on the cd-rom.  So how are we supposed to get the wcd device?

Also, does anyone know if the Walnut Creek 2.1.6 release has the
fix for the setlocale problem?

Thanks,
Thabet Birro <tbirro@iu.net>
p.s. please cc me on your response as I am not subscribed to this
list.