Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:11:54 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Security check output questions

Hey folks.  I know it's improper to ask multiple questions in a single
message, especially unrelated, but please indulge me here.

I found the following in my security check output mail message:

> Oct 16 13:56:25 leblanc /kernel: pid 86613 (cheetah), uid 118: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
> ata0: resetting devices .. ata0-master: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 compliant cable

Now, the first is just one of many I get from the multitude of
xscreensaver dumps.  I am always having to clean up the *.core files
from the various screensaver programs that just dump for whatever
reason.  Anyone know of a way to *prevent* these dumps?  Other than
the obvious "don't run xscreensaver" or "don't run the random
screensavers".  The random screensavers is my FAVORITE part of the
xscreensaver.  Failing any real solution, I'll probably just continue
to clean out the cores.  Maybe even search the ports archives for any