Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 13:34:05 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vim highlighting in a regular xterm?

It's about time to start coding again, and I've been poking at vim.

Looks like I don't need to write my own f90 syntax file this time
(hmm, I sent mine in and got no response.  Maybe this *is* mine :)

Anyway, I'm tring to get it to do colored syntax highlighting in a
regular xterm.  I know about gvim (so I know it  works :), but
I'd rather stay on with my xterminals (or some enhanced xterminal :).
That line of buttons on the top of gvim . . . it's a slippery slope :)

So just what do I set?  And while I'm picking someone's brains, how
do I tell it to automatically indent my fortran?  I've tried looking
into that before, but get lost in the c-stuff (which it apparently
does).  I just want to set a 3 space indent at each level.  Last
time I ended up loading into emacs, ^k'ing the entire file, then
yanking it back when i needed to adjust indentation.  (and like any
dealings with that heretical thing, it leaves you feeling dirty :)

hawk