Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 17:28:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Louie <louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Libretto 70CT problems

I recently bought a Toshiba Libretto 70CT and installed 2.2.5-RELEASE
on it.  I've been able to get most everything working (PLIP, X and PPP
using a PCMCIA modem) but I am having trouble with a few things:

1) Sound doesn't quite work.  I can play midi files with playmidi
but I can't play .au files.  When I cat a .au file to /dev/audio
I get "/dev/audio: No space left on device".  Here's my sound card
configuration and /dev entries:

controller	snd0
device sb0	at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 0 vector sbintr
device opl0	at isa? port 0x388

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel         6 Jan 21 20:56 audio@ -> audio0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   30,   4 Jan 21 21:10 audio0

Would installing Luigi's sound drivers help?

2) When I attach the port expander I can't get getty to give a login
prompt on ttyd0.  My /etc/ttys file looks like:

ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"  unknown on secure

Things are kind of working because if I run kermit on the Libretto
and ProComm Plus on a PC connected with a null modem cable I can type
back and forth between the two.  I just can't seem to get the Libretto
to produce a login prompt even though the process is there:

# ps -ax | grep ttyd0
  152  ??  I      0:00.02 /usr/libexec/getty std.9600 ttyd0

3) What's involved in getting the IrDA port to work?  (I haven't
tried yet.)  Does it just look like another serial port or is there
more to it?

4) Any word on floppy support?  I saw in the mail archives that
someone was going to work on it.  Any progress?

Even with these problems I *really* like my Libretto.

Please CC me on replies since I'm not yet subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
Louie <louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu>