Date:      Mon, 11 May 2015 08:22:35 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lang/mono Updated to Mono v4.0.1

--KS7U6g8LB9j3f4BEimFJQpHf8ttjpldkW

On 11/05/2015 06:48, Anders Jensen-Waud wrote:
> As part of our effort to port CoreCLR and the Roslyn compiler collectio=
n to
> FreeBSD, it has been necessary for us to have a working version of Mono=

> v4.0.1 on FreeBSD.
>=20
> The version in Ports is on version 3.x, which is getting quite old. So =
> updated the port Makefile to 4.0.1.28, the most recent available versio=
> from the Mono team.
>=20
> The patch is available from here:
>=20
> https://github.com/ajensenwaud/mono4-freebsd-ports/tree/master/mono
>=20
> Given that this is an update to an existing ports infrastructure, would=
 you
> still like an shar file submitted to the list? Or do you prefer a separ=
ate
> patchset?

Can you generate a diff against the original ports tree, and open a
ticket in Bugzilla
(https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/query.cgi?format=3Dadvanced) and attac=
the diff to the bug report -- make sure to mention 'lang/mono' in the
subject of the bug report, as this will get the report auto-assigned to
the right people.

You'll smooth the way for getting your update applied if you can also
attach the output of 'poudriere testport' showing your updated port
compiling successfully and passing all the internal ports regression test=
s.

One thing though: you should remove the PORTREVISION=3D1 at line 6 of
Makefile -- that number gets reset to nothing when the main PORTVERSION
increases.

	Cheers,

	Matthew