Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:37:05 -0700
From:      "HOLIFIELD,JOHN (HP-USA,ex1)" <john_holifield@hp.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Linux/SCO NIC driver compatibility

Hello,

I have been trying to configure a Netgear FA11 NIC on my play machine.  It
is running 4.0 Release.  Now I know that this particular NIC isn't on the
FreeBSD HCL or whatever, but I have drivers for Linux and SCO.  Since my
play machine has the SCO and Linux compatibility built in, shouldn't I still
be able to use this NIC?

Could someone please advise me if what I'm attempting is possible, or would
I be better off pulling the card and installing another?  I have access to
several other supported cards I could use, but since I'm dual booting BSD
and Microsoft I am reluctant to change hardware (My wife has forbidden me to
take the computer apart again.)  ;-)

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
John Holifield