Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:26:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com>
To:        <multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ffmpeg missing SBLive audio device

ffmpeg automatically picks "/dev/dsp" as my audio device when recording
from my bktr card.  However, I have no sound in the output recording.
I've played the result in mplayer and mpegtv and, while those programs say
there's an audio track, there's nothing in it.  I can hear the audio when
recording.  The bktr card is wired from sound out to audio in on my
SoundBlaster Live! card.

I'm on 5.0-R.  My dsp devices look like this:

justin@big> ls /dev/ds*
/dev/dsp0.0     /dev/dsp0.3     /dev/dspW0.0    /dev/dspW0.3    /dev/dspr0.0
/dev/dsp0.1     /dev/dsp0.4     /dev/dspW0.1    /dev/dspW0.4    /dev/dspr0.1
/dev/dsp0.2     /dev/dsp0.5     /dev/dspW0.2    /dev/dspW0.5

Could it be that the different device layout is causing this?  I'm hoping
there's someone else with a  similar device setup that is working and can
fill me in.

Or am I just completely missing an obvious clue?  That was my modus
operandi last time I asked a question...