Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:28:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        sheldonh@FreeBSD.ORG, pjm@chingiz.cs.ntu.edu.au, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/11934: Port of GNU Nana 2.4

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Bill Fumerola wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > You know, these guys aren't committers.  I'm not sure you're doing folks
> > a real service by telling them to go back and try again.  The ports they
> > turn it, I've nearly never seen one that worked correctly right off the
> > bat anyways, so it has to be reconstituted no matter what, before
> > committing.  If it has new files, I don't want them as diffs anyhow.
>
> This shar happened to include the CVS files as well. Do you know how much
> of a pain in the ass it is to try and update by copying individual files
> over because you don't want to overwrite YOUR CVS skeleton?

Well, I guess I didn't check that far.  I saw several warnings go out in
the last few minutes that *seemed* to be raising the bar to contributing
ports to a new, higher level, and *that* is what seemed to be too harsh.

I will say it's tremendously easy to get rid of those cvs dirs in one
whack, with find, but seeing as you think of that often just after you
spam things ....

> - bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
> - ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic and jaunt, both FreeBSD-current.
(301) 220-2114              |